Man Arrested For Sexual Battery of a Mentally Disabled Teen
Police say an Autistic teenager was attacked by a "friend" over the weekend.
Gainesville Police Departmen say the sexual assault took place at Cofrin Park in Gainesville on Sunday.
Police arrested 19 year old Joe Van Scott Jenkins Sunday afternoon.
Jenkins lured the victim to the park and convinced him to go with him on the trial.
There police say jenkins sexually assaulted him.
Two witnesses walked by and stopped the attack.
Jenkins then ran and was found later Sunday afternoon.
The victim was taken to Shands Hospital.
Monday Jenkins remains in the Alachua County Jail on one felony county of sexual assault.
His bond is set at 20 thousand dollars.
- Man Arrested for Riding on Three Tires and Fleeing Accident
- Lake City Man Arrested for Sexual Battery on a Child
- Gainesville Man Arrested, Charged In 2009 Sexual Battery Incident
- Man arrested for sexual battery
- Man arrested on sexual battery charges
- Man Travels Over 300 Miles For Sex
- Help Identify This Man
- Court Employee Arrested For Attempted Sexual Battery
- Bradford County Corrections Deputy Arrested For Sexual Battery Against A Minor
- Levy County Sheriff's Office Lieutenant Arrested for Armed Sexual Battery