Military Vets Honored at 89th Annual 'Gator Growl'
Published November 10th, 2012
GAINESVILLE - After Friday's University of Florida homecoming parade, thousands of students and alumni gathered at the Swamp to 'let the gator growl.'
"Gator Growl" is known as the largest student-run pep rally in the country. In an effort to capitalize on that, organizers decided to donate $25,000 dollars to the Wounded Warrior Project if more than 32,500 tickets were sold. As of Friday night, it's still uncertain whether or not they reached that goal.
The event began with a special tribute to the military, and featured a parachute jump by three members of the U.S. Special Operations.
Also performing were comedian Tracy Morgan, UF's Pride of the Sunshine band, and country music star Josh Turner. Auriel Rolle-Polk and Matthew Davidson were also named the homecoming queen and king.
- Dana Carvey to Perform at Gator Growl '09
- Growl Honors Performer
- Come Rain or Shine the Gator Will Growl
- Gator Growl 2007
- Gator Growl Stage Set Up
- Live With Gator Growl Producer
- Gator Growl
- Korean War Vets Honored for Service Ahead of Veterans Day
- Army Vet Receiving Medal of Honor for Afghan Fight
- Annual 'Boo at the Zoo' Draws Hundreds