Newberry Group Giving Back
NEWBERRY- One group want to keep that message of giving going.
Members from a church walked the streets to clean up places that need a little sprucing up.
Three hundred volunteers from Destiny Community Church in Newberry gave back, by picking up trash, raking leaves in the cemetery or giving food to the needy.
Pastor Rocky McKinley started the day of service a year ago after giving a sermon about being a servant.
He spoke about volunteering in the community to his congregation.
"We have like 100 percent participation in our church, I was surprised at how many people were willing to come home from Thanksgiving to come home early and be a part of it that's what shocked me, " Rocky McKinley, Pastor as Destiny Community Church said.
Volunteers also pressured washed Newberry Highschool.
- Armed robbery of church group turns into stand-off
- Volunteers Give Gainesville School A Makeover
- Former Gator Gives Back
- Sister Hazel Giving Back to North Central Florida
- "Mitzvah Day" Jewish Council Gives Back
- UF Employees Give Back
- Gainesville Woman #GivesBack on Her Birthday
- City of Newberry Unsure How to Manage New Community Center
- Medical Community Backs Sebastian Ferrero Foundation
- Red Cross Volunteers Still Reaching Out to Residents