Ocala Sheriffs Under Investigation Again
A Marion County sheriff's deputy is being investigated for shocking a mortally wounded and handcuffed suspect with his Taser.
Sheriff's investigators are looking at Deputy Norm Brown's actions after a grand jury report said he shocked Joshua Salvato for several minutes as Salvato lay face down and handcuffed after being shot by another deputy.
Salvato had fought Brown and Deputy Lauren Miley in a park last July after Miley tried to question him about reports he had been acting oddly and shouting at traffic.
The Ocala Star-Banner reported that after Miley shot Salvato, Brown began shocking him.
He told investigators he didn't realize Salvato had been shot. Salvato died at the scene and the Taser shocks were deemed not to have contributed. The shooting was ruled justified.
- Archer Pastor Under Investigation
- Small Plane Crash in Levy County Still Under Investigation
- Gainesville Property Management Group Under Investigation
- Gainesville's Advantage Towing Under Investigation
- Under-Sheriff & the Hatch Act
- Hatch Act out the Door for Under-Sheriff
- Gilchrist Sheriff's Office Investigates Possible Santa Fe Drowning
- More Details Emerge In Levy County Sheriff's Office Investigation
- Levy County Sheriff's Office Launches New Investigation
- Another Levy County Sheriff's Office Investigation Concludes