Ocala Sheriffs Under Investigation Again
A Marion County sheriff's deputy is being investigated for shocking a mortally wounded and handcuffed suspect with his Taser.
Sheriff's investigators are looking at Deputy Norm Brown's actions after a grand jury report said he shocked Joshua Salvato for several minutes as Salvato lay face down and handcuffed after being shot by another deputy.
Salvato had fought Brown and Deputy Lauren Miley in a park last July after Miley tried to question him about reports he had been acting oddly and shouting at traffic.
The Ocala Star-Banner reported that after Miley shot Salvato, Brown began shocking him.
He told investigators he didn't realize Salvato had been shot. Salvato died at the scene and the Taser shocks were deemed not to have contributed. The shooting was ruled justified.
- Two Marion County Sheriff's Officials Come Under Fire After Internal Investigations
- ACSO Lieutenant Under Investigation After He Accidentally Shot His Gun at the Courthouse
- Sheriff Darnell Responds to Mike Fellows Investigation
- Gainesville Property Management Group Under Investigation
- Gainesville's Advantage Towing Under Investigation
- Kingsbury Academy Staffer Under Investigation
- Suspicious Death In Gilchrist County Still Under Investigation
- Small Plane Crash in Levy County Still Under Investigation
- Archer Pastor Under Investigation
- Plane Crash Kills Two Men, NTSB Called in to Investigate