Serving Others for Thanksgiving
The St. Francis house served 360 meals today - double what they hand out on a typical day.
All kinds of people were there today to celebrate Thanksgiving - from volunteers and those there for a meal, to people who were visitng to give thanks to those who had helped them in the past.
St. Francis held their Thanksgiving meal during their regular time frame the city allows - and double the people came through the line.
One volunteer named James Brown says he was serving because of the help he received once there.
"This place helped me out when I was down on my luck and they helped me turn my life around so I appreciate it."
The extra food served today was donated by the community.
- Ready to Serve on Thanksgiving
- Former Bradford County Coach Serving Time in One- Punch Death
- Newberry Man Plans Splash Park, In Lieu Of Serving 10-year Federal Sentence
- Lunch Is Served: Saint Francis House Under a New Meal Rule
- Ocala Food Food Pantry Struggling to Serve Community
- Law Enforcement Officers Honored for Serving Community and Country
- Remembering K-9's Who Have Served
- Serving More, But Needing More
- Firefighter Training Serves as a Reminder for Everyone
- Firefighter Deaths Serve As Tragic Reminder