Spam Shop Host Jim Brand Passes
One of North Central Florida's legendary broadcasters has passed away.
After more than sixty years on radio, Jim Brand is gone at the age of 78.
Brand was a personality for WDVH.
After working in big markets like Boston and Dallas.
Brand came to North Central Florida, planning to stay for six months and that turned into forty-two years.
He is best known for hosting his program Swap Shop.
It started out as fifteen minutes and grew to four hours.
Brand is survived by- among other family members- his 106 year old mother.
- Local art supply shop hosts art demos
- Local Dealership Adds Brands to Lineup
- Alachua Humane Society Gets Brand New Location
- Shop With A Cop: 17 Kids Taken On Shopping Spree
- Coach McElwain Gives an Update on the Passing Game
- Former Florida GOP Leader Jim Greer's Defense Ready
- Veterans Honored with Wreaths for the Holidays
- The Vietnam Traveling Memorial Wall makes its way to Dunnellon
- GRU Customer Seeks Refund
- Possibility of Reinstating Corporal Punishment