Start-Up Horse Competition In Ocala
OCALA - Residents call it the horse capital, and today Marion County began its annual "Ocala Horse Properties International Events." Equiventure events kicked off the season this afternoon with a one-day start-up competition in dressage, cross country and show jumping.
Organizers of the event are excited, as this is Florida Horse Park's fourth annual event of its kind.
Peter Gray & Jon Holling, are the co-founder of Equiventures. Holling says, "And we wanted to make sure these competitions were happening for the competitors but also for the ocala and Marion County as a whole. It's a great way to kind of showcase marion county and ocala and a great way to spend the day out in the countryside."
The park is actively looking for donations to make a covered arena as they are privately funded. For more information, check out their website here. The next event will take place on January 5th and 6th.
- Property dispute to decide Ocala's future
- Two Marion County Sheriff's Officials Come Under Fire After Internal Investigations
- Local tech company qualifies for startup competition
- Startup looks to "clean up" the competition
- GAIN'S FastPitch Startup Competition
- Ma Barker property decision
- Horses Helping Horses event raises money for horses in need
- UF Will Deput Solar Home At International Competition
- Event Raises Money for Foster Children
- Interests peaked at flying event