"Strike Out Hunger" Food Drives Wraps Up
The food drive "Strike Out Hunger," which took place at the Alachua County fairgrounds, ended last night.
The goal is to feed poverty stricken residents.
Last year organizers raised 67,000 pounds of food.
This year's goal was 100,000 pounds.
The donated food will go to food banks and pantries on Wednesday.
Thanksgiving baskets will be available for families on Thusday from 2 to 6 PM, at the fairgrounds.
- "Fair Fare" for Alachua County Fairgrounds
- Alachua County Food Basket Drive
- Alachua County Food Drive
- No Camping At Alachua County Fairgrounds During Gatornationals
- Alachua County Decides Whether to Rebuild Fairgrounds Barn After Collapse
- Alachua County Presents Options for New Fairgrounds to Residents
- Four Employees "Locked Out" of Alachua County Jail
- Gainesville-Alachua County Hunger Summit Plan
- Strike on Hunger
- Thanksgiving Food Drive