"Strike Out Hunger" Food Drives Wraps Up
The food drive "Strike Out Hunger," which took place at the Alachua County fairgrounds, ended last night.
The goal is to feed poverty stricken residents.
Last year organizers raised 67,000 pounds of food.
This year's goal was 100,000 pounds.
The donated food will go to food banks and pantries on Wednesday.
Thanksgiving baskets will be available for families on Thusday from 2 to 6 PM, at the fairgrounds.
- "Fair Fare" for Alachua County Fairgrounds
- Alachua County Food Basket Drive
- Four Employees "Locked Out" of Alachua County Jail
- No Camping At Alachua County Fairgrounds During Gatornationals
- Alachua County Presents Options for New Fairgrounds to Residents
- Alachua County Decides Whether to Rebuild Fairgrounds Barn After Collapse
- Strike on Hunger
- Gainesville-Alachua County Hunger Summit Plan
- "Boots and Bling" Alachua Cattle Baron's Ball 2013
- Creative Do It Yourself Gift Wrapping Ideas