UF Close to Picking a New President
After nearly four months of searching for a new president, the University of Florida is poised to interview candidates and make a hire as soon as early December.
The Gainesville Sun reports that a search committee is planning for three whirlwind days during which presidential finalists would be picked and interviewed, the list would be narrowed for a second round of interviews and the next president chosen.
Current UF President Bernie Machen announced in June that he was retiring by the end of 2013, with the exact date determined by the search for his successor. A search committee of administrators, faculty and others first met Aug. 1.
Search consultant Jan Greenwood said she has talked so far with 363 potential candidates and expects a handful more to apply.
- Closing Schedule for Presidents Day
- UF President Machen Announces He Won't Seek New Term
- Neighbors Say Hello to New UF President's Mansion and Goodbye to Trees
- Confrontation at Elementary Student pick up line
- GRU GM Picked, Again
- Gainesville to Google: Pick Us For High Speed Internet Test!
- Vendors Picking Up The Pieces After Flea Market Fire
- Williston Picks Final City Manager Candidate
- Gainesville Man "Picks Up" a 14 year old Girl
- Delivery Guy Picks Up Murder Weapon