Alachua Communications Center Uses New Technology
GAINESVILLE - Robert Ellzey works at the alachua county communications center. He says avl or automatic vehicle location, allows the communications center to see where their dispatched officials are, all the time.
Ellzey says, "For a civilian calling in that function is going to allow us to tell them the approximate time the vehicle is going to get there and how far away the vehicle is coming from. For our commanding officers like our lieutenants, our sergeants, our district chiefs, that lets us tell them where our units are at while they're responding to scene without having to look at their computer.That way they can drive and concentrate on other things."
- 911 Calls Improve With Techonology
- Two Women In Clay County Are Shot At In Their Car, One Dies
- Alachua County Residents Can Now Text 911
- Waldo agrees to pay off debt from use of center
- Teen Dies After 50-Foot Fall While Working For Tree Service
- Adult Care Center Owner In Williston Charged With Abuse & Exploitation
- Gilchrist County Homicide, Victim Dies Fleeing From Intruder
- Gainesville Officials Are Prepared If Zimmerman Verdict Protests Happen
- Two Putnam County Detectives Fired After Bar Fight
- Huge Addition To Alachua County's Public Lands, Levy Prairie