City Commissioner Walks Through Archer Braid Trail
One man led the charge to have the Archer Braid Trail run through Haile Plantation.
On Thursday, Alachua County Commission chair Mike Byerly led a tour to see firsthand where it will now run.
Byerly walked along the portion of the route that will run down 46th Boulevard.
He was joined by a group of Haile Plantation residents.
Some residents were in support of the trail while some who were not.
In a meeting last week, the commission reversed an earlier decision to keep the trail out of that community.
Thursday's walk- through was open to the public...
And was designed to let residents make suggestions about certain parts of the trail's design...
But not everyone left happy.
On Thursday's walk- through comes as the county tries to finalize it's plans for the trail ahead of the state department of transportation's march first deadline.
If not complete by then the county would not be eligible to receive grant money to fund the project.
- County Commission Reverses Original Decision, Approves Archer Braid Trail Through Haile Plantation
- Archer Residents Voice their Concerns on the Archer Braid Trail
- Public Speaks Out About Archer Braid Trail
- Alachua County Commission Votes to Keep Archer Braid Trail Out of Haile Plantation
- Archer Braid Trail, Officially Open To Public
- ARCHER BRAID
- "Lauren's Walk" Through Ocala
- Ocala's Downtown City Walk Project
- Archer City Commission
- Changes in the City of Archer