City Commissioner Walks Through Archer Braid Trail
One man led the charge to have the Archer Braid Trail run through Haile Plantation.
On Thursday, Alachua County Commission chair Mike Byerly led a tour to see firsthand where it will now run.
Byerly walked along the portion of the route that will run down 46th Boulevard.
He was joined by a group of Haile Plantation residents.
Some residents were in support of the trail while some who were not.
In a meeting last week, the commission reversed an earlier decision to keep the trail out of that community.
Thursday's walk- through was open to the public...
And was designed to let residents make suggestions about certain parts of the trail's design...
But not everyone left happy.
On Thursday's walk- through comes as the county tries to finalize it's plans for the trail ahead of the state department of transportation's march first deadline.
If not complete by then the county would not be eligible to receive grant money to fund the project.
- County Commission Reverses Original Decision, Approves Archer Braid Trail Through Haile Plantation
- Archer Residents Voice their Concerns on the Archer Braid Trail
- Archer Braid Trail Taller Than Expected
- Archer Braid Trail, Officially Open To Public
- Alachua County Commission Votes to Keep Archer Braid Trail Out of Haile Plantation
- Public Speaks Out About Archer Braid Trail
- ARCHER BRAID
- "Lauren's Walk" Through Ocala
- City of Archer and GRU Partner Up for Potential Natural Gas Franchise
- Possible Sewer System For The City Of Archer