Deadline Passes for First Class Mail Christmas Arrival
GAINESVILLE - The last day for mail to arrive by Christmas is Thursday.
Express mail is still an option for procrastinators.
Post office staff say while there wasn't much last minute traffic Thursday, Monday saw nearly three times the amount of mail with close to 500,000 letters and 40,000 packages.
Post offices in Gainesville will have shortened hours on Christmas Eve and New Years Eve: 8:30am - noon. Post office headquarters off of SW 34th street wil be open to 3pm.
The offices will be closed Christmas and New Year's Day.
- Rural Post Offices Will Remain Open But Limited
- Post office's deliveries peak
- High Springs' first African-American Commissioner passes
- Deadline Passes on Recount
- Mental Health First Aid Training
- Veterans Treatment Court graduates first class
- Honoring Private First Class James Anthony Page
- Newest 'Paws On Parole' Class Looking For New Homes
- Young First Responders Compete Against Each Other in State Leadership Conference
- USPS to Announce Closure of Mail Processing Facilities