Drug Deal Goes Wrong in Family Park
ALACHUA COUNTY--It was a drug deal gone bad.
One man is in the hospital, two others are behind bars.
Police say this man - Kenzo Alvarado, helped attack Joel Hall as he went to sell a group of men marijuana in the Jonesville Park.
Sheriff's deputies say Hall was tazed, pistol whipped and beaten.
Alvarado and a minor - Austin Wilmoth, are the only two of the four suspects who have been located and identified so far.
Police can't find the other two involved, and say this kind of activity just isn't normal in Jonesville.
"Jonesville Park is a family park, it is a place where many families go to; I wouldn't say it is by any means an unsafe area." -Art Forgey, ASO IPO
Hall, the man who was beaten, admitted to authorities he was trying to sell $1,700.00 worth of marijuana.
No charges have been brought against him though, because authorities did not find any drugs in his possession when the crime was reported.
- Family members arrested following drug bust in Lawtey
- Operation Clean Sweep Busts Wrong Man
- Foster Kids Wrongfully Prescribed Drugs
- Art in High Springs City Hall
- Family of Summerfield Man Suing Marion County Sheriff in Wrongful Death Suit
- Water Parks Have Deal for Floridians
- Drug Deal Turns Violent
- K-2 Drug Bust in Marion County
- Drug Bust in Columbia County
- Drug Bust at Gainesville Apartment