Families Forced to Relocate After Electrical Problem Plagues Apartment Building
Published December 20th, 2012
OCALA - With less than a week to go before Christmas, seven families in Ocala have been displaced because of an electrical problem in their apartment building.
It happened late Tuesday night at the Steeplechase apartment complex in southwest Ocala. According to neighbors, fire rescue officials were called after a resident reported smelling smoke in one of the units. One resident said she noticed her lights flickering.
Ocala Electric officials were called to the scene and determined that the meter bank had to be replaced after moisture was found inside. But because of safety concerns, the power must remain off until the part is replaced. Until that happens, apartment managers say they're doing all they can to help out those residents, including paying for hotel rooms.
Management says they expect the new part to arrive sometime Thursday, with power being restored by Friday.
- Broken Family to Relocate After Tree Falls on Home
- Massive Tree Falls Into Apartment Building, Trapping Families Inside
- High Schoolers Build Electric Car
- Brush Fire Near Apartment Buildings
- GPD Joines Forces to End Crime in Pineridge Apartments
- Apartment Tenants Forced To Move
- Fire Seriously Damages Apartment Building
- Apartment looks to improve building Structures
- Fla. Woman Tries To Blow Up Own Apartment Building
- Fire Destroys Apartment Building