Grinch Breaks Into House and Steals Gifts Under Tree
Marion County deputies are looking for a grinch who broke into a house and stole a family's Christmas.
Now the parents are trying to figure out what they are going to do.
"I couldn't believe it because I was thinking how are we going to re do this again," said Sepidah Haitsch.
A few days ago Thomas and Sepidah Haitsch finished wrapping all christmas presents for their two daughters.
Then they placed them under their Christmas tree, but on Wednesday all that was left beneath their tree was torn up wrapping paper.
"At first Y thought he was joking. He said everything is gone. I said what do you mean everything is gone. He said all the Christmas gifts are gone," said Sepidah.
On Wednesday Thomas got home after work and he knew something was wrong when he saw the patio door open.
"Then I come back and I saw the tree. Then I saw the cabinets everything open," said Thomas.
The Haitschs' believe the thief or thieves jumped over this six foot fence and then went in through the bedroom window that was closed, but unlocked.
The grinch stole a $250 Donna Karan New York watch, a $150 cell phone, a $100 straightener and other gifts totalling $200.
"I've been from store to store to store trying to get what they want, but at the same time at the price where it fits our budget, because right now I am not working," said Sepidah.
"I don't know if we can get the gifts, what we had before because some items are sold out some items we bought on sale and we can not get it back," said Thomas.
They said the most difficult part is breaking the news to their 11 -year-old daughter who has been waiting to open her gifts.
"Her little eyes just completely teared up and she didn't blink for the longest she was just holding on. She said so that means we aren't going to have a christmas. I said yes we will," said Sepidah.
Sepidah said that she is going to make sure their daughters still have a memorable Christmas.
They will be using their credit cards to re-buy some gifts.
Now this incident may make you think twice about putting presents under the tree days before Christmas.
- Thieves Steal Christmas Gifts from Broward County Family
- Man Steals Christmas Presents for Mother
- Gainesville Family Gets Rude Awakening After Tree Falls on House
- Saint Francis House Gives Christmas Party, Caters to Families
- TREE LIGHTING AT THE THOMAS CENTER
- Make Your Christmas Trees Last Until Christmas
- Police: Woman Steals $700 Of Merchandise For Mother's Day Gifts
- Woman Claims Baby is Stolen While Partner Steals from Walmart
- Plan to House Homeless Vets Presented to Vets for the First Time
- House of Hope Exec. Dir. Thomas Johnson Fired