Heavy Rains Push Car into Drainage Ditch
Published December 11th, 2012
GAINESVILLE - Monday's heavy rain was enough to cause a big headache for one driver in downtown Gainesville.
David Whalen of Gainesville was on his way to pick up a friend at the Sun Center shopping plaza when he swerved to the side to avoid an oncoming car in the parking lot. That's when Whalen says he felt his car get picked up by rushing water, as it slowly began to drift into a nearby ditch.
The car was so deep in the ditch that a tow truck had to be called to help get Whalen's car out. Because the engine was not completely submerged, Whalen says he plans on salvaging the car as long as it still runs.
- Heavy Rains May Lead to "Mosquito Madness," this Hurricane Season
- Heavy Rains Cause Tree to Fall Through Ocala Home
- Still Dry Even After Heavy Rains
- Three sinkholes within three miles, heavy rain is to blame
- Heavy Rain in East, and Snowflakes for Some
- Heavy Rain Floods Streets
- Neighbors Concerned Over Origin of Water in Drainage Swale
- Man's Body Found in Ditch
- Hippodrome Theatre Cinema Plans to Ditch Film and Go Digital
- Man Rescued from Ditch at Brick City Park