Keep The Wreath Green
GAINESVILLE - As more homes get decorated for the Holidays, the Gainesville fire rescue decorates theirs too. The Gainesville fire rescue has placed wreaths at four different stations with a purpose. Every time a preventable fire occurs one of the green light bulbs will be switched out to red… The goal is to keep the wreath green.
JoAnne Rice with the Gainesville Fire Rescue says the wreath serves as a reminder of the safety precautions that should be taken during the holidays. “If you’re going to use space heaters make sure you are using those safely. And that you keep them away from anything that’s combustible. You want to think about having kind of a 3-foot safety zone around any of those portable heaters.”
November December and January are the highest fire risk months with preventable fires. The wreath will remain lit through January 2nd.
- Gainesville Fire Rescue Raises Safety Wreaths for the Holidays
- Gainesville Fire Safety Expo shows why fire sprinklers are important
- Fire Prevention Month Highlights Safety
- Local fire rescue offering Thanksgiving safety tips
- Gainesville man turns old fire gear into hot accesories
- Veterans Honored with Wreaths for the Holidays
- Gainesville Fire Rescue Investigating Second Recent Fire in Apartment
- Gainesville Fire Rescue Extinguish House Fire
- "Gainesville Is Ferguson" Paints 34th Street Wall Black
- Labor Daze Fest... Not Just For The Working