Oaks Mall Robbery
GAINESVILLE - Gainesville Police officers say the unidentified man used a bolt cutter to break into the security gates of four stores in the mall.
Detectives say around midnight, the suspect came in through an unlocked entrance that's normally used for cleaning crews.
Once inside the mall, investigators say he broke into Cupid's, Master Cuts, Gymboree and Bodiker's candy store using a bolt cutter.
Police say the man did not take any items just only cash from the registers.
One store manager says its like the Grinch stole Christmas.
"It was such a shock because security there is wonderful and has always been helpful and it felt like the Grinch stole Christmas," Elizabeth Strickland Bodiker's Candy Store Manager.
The suspect has not been caught and got away with undisclosed amount of cash.
Police are questioning the cleaning crew to see if any leads come up as well as checking the surveillance video.
Police say as it gets closer to Christmastime they plan on beefing up security with mounted units and more officers.
- Mall Safety the Day After Shooting at Oaks Mall
- Black Friday Shoppers Pack the Oaks Mall in Search of Best Deals
- GPD: Oaks Mall Employee Exposes Himself, Commits Lewd Acts
- Counterfeit Money At Oaks Mall
- "Red Hatters" Gather at Oaks Mall
- GRU employee burned working near Oaks Mall
- Shooting Outside Oaks Mall
- Mall Brawl
- Mall Traffic Problem
- Another Mall Shooting