Supermarket Sweep for Charity in Hawthorne
HAWTHORNE - A shopping spree reminiscent of the show 'Supermarket Sweep' hit the Hawthorne Hitchcock's..and it was all for charity.
The Hawthorne Lions Club held a raffle and the St. Vincent de Paul charity in Interlachen was drawn from the raffle to receive the food donations.
Bud Surratt was given 90 seconds to put as much as he could in his shopping cart.
All the food he swept off the shelves - going to feed those who are unable to go grocery shopping.
Surratt adds that the charity in Interlachen "feeds anywhere from 50 to 100 families a day on Tuesdays and Thursdays."
His sweep resulted in 188 dollars worth of food for the less fortunate.
After Surratt was done, Hitchcock's donated meat to finish off the meals.
- Average Cost for Thanksgiving Dinner
- Blind Wine Chick
- New Laws Too Late For North Central Florida Charity
- Charities Hurting During the Holiday Season
- Fans Pack Swamp for Gator Charity Challenge
- House Raffled off for Charity
- Gainesville Charity Facing Freeze on Funding from City of Gainesville
- Local Sports Radio Station Hosts Charity Auction
- Rollerblading Cross- Country for Charity
- Runners Prepare For Inaugural Charity Run