Woman Returns from Work to Find Her Brick Driveway Was Stolen
Published December 12th, 2012
REDDICK - A woman from Marion County came home from work on Tuesday night, only to find something most people may consider too big or permanent to steal...was gone.
Rachel McCarty, 40, of Reddick returned to her family's horse ranch, and found nearly 200 bricks in her driveway were missing. She says the driveway had been in place for at least 5 years, and has no clue why anyone would want to steal it.
Because the heist happened during the daytime, the thieves did not go unnoticed. McCarty says her neighbor directly across the street saw the whole thing unfold, but didn't think anything of it.
"She actually thought it was someone we hired to come move the blocks, because some of them were uneven," said McCarty. "So she just assumed that we had somebody come remove them, and I said, um, no, we didn't!"
Based on the description provided by the neighbor, investigators say they're looking for two men, who are only described as a heavy-set black man in his 30's, along with a shorter white man with a small build. Because it rained heavily on Tuesday night, investigators say they were unable to locate any tire tracks. The two apparently drove away in a black pick-up truck with a trailer attached to the back, filled with bricks.
If you have any information that can help solve this case, you're asked to call the Marion County Sheriff's Office.
- Woman Finds Bullet In Her Home
- Woman Finds Robber in Her Lake City Home
- 50-Year-Old Dunnellon Grandmother Found Shot To Death In Her Driveway
- Missing Alachua County Woman Found Alive Just Yards Away From Her Home
- Woman Thanks Emergency Responders Who Saved Her From Cereal
- Woman Claims Baby is Stolen While Partner Steals from Walmart
- Aaron Hernandez's All American Brick Removed from UF
- Man Rescued from Ditch at Brick City Park
- Stolen Property Returned
- Stolen Puppy Returned to Columbia County Boy