Would-Be Robber caught by Sock Left Behind
GAINESVILLE--Police say a man broke into a home early Tuesday morning, but apparently got cold feet and ran out leaving behind a single dress sock.
36-year-old Timothy Lawrence was arrested outside a home on Northwest Sixth Street.
The homeowners called police when they realized someone had broken in.
Their Christmas gifts were stacked up near the door and a purse had been opened.
On the purse was a dress sock.
Lawrence was wearing the matching sock.
He faces armed burglary and other charges.
He told officers he was making sure he didn't leave behind fingerprints.
- Police: Would-Be Robber Clinging to Life
- Homeowner Surprises Would-be Robber
- Would-be Robber Attempts to Enter Home Through Doggy Door
- Would-be Burglar Killed By Police
- Deputies: Resident Thwarts Would-Be Car Thief With Keyless Device
- Gainesville Police ID Bank Robber
- Gainesville Police Searching for Robber
- Florida Free From No Child Left Behind
- Lake City Residents Cleanup Mess Left Behind by Severe Storms
- Robberies Have Gainesville Police and Residents On Alert