Attempted Rape at Northside Park
GAINESVILLE- The Gainesville Police Department says a man tries to rape a woman at Northside Park, while cutting her with a weapon.
Police say the woman was playing racquetball a little after sunset when her ball flew over the wall.
When she went to retreive it, police say that's when a man tried to sexually assault her.
They say thankfully, she got a good look at her attacker in an area where this type of activity is not typical.
Kyla: "Do you get a lot of calls from that area?"
Sgt. Tscharna Senn, Gainesville Police Department: "No we typically do not, and with a call like this that had the potential to be a very serious, violent crime it is important that we find out who it is so he doesn't do it again and we can put him in jail for it."
The assault was not fishined because the man got scared when a car passed by.
Police do not yet know if the man was watching her or if this was a random attack.
Here is a full description of the man:
- Black Male, 30 - 37 years old
- One to two inch braids/twists
- Medium skin tone
- Clean Shaven
- Mole on right side of nose
- Bushy eyebrows
- Tattoo on left forearm (unknown design)
- Deep voice
- Discoloration on left side of face
- At time of incident, he was wearing an orange football type jersey with the number “01” on the front and some design, possibly an animal, on the back, with black baggy pants, black/silver Nike shoes, a black hat, and was carrying a flashlight.
- UF on Alert After Attempted Sexual Assault
- Ocala Sexual Assault on a Dog
- Coach Arrested For Sexual Assault On A Minor
- UF Student Accused of Sexually Assaulting 3 Inebriated Victims...
- Sexual Assault
- Victim of Sexual Assault Comes Forward After 16 years
- Witness to Sexual Assault Leads Police to Attacker
- Kenneth James Accepts Plea Deal in Sexual Assault Case
- Alachua County Pastor Arrested for Sexual Assault
- Sexual Assault Awareness Month