BBQ Turned Deadly Shooting in Suwannee County
Published January 29th, 2013
Suwannee County, Fl:
A Suwannee County man has been arrested after allegedly fatally shooting two brothers.
According to the arrest report the shooting happened Saturday at Dowling park, just before 10 P.M.
Marcus Cole was having a barbecue at his home when a fight broke out between six men.
One of the men, Joshua White, was cut in the back of the neck with a knife.
The report says Cole then went into his home and got a rifle.
He allegedly shot Abram Williams, who was trying to leave, in the back of the head.
His brother, 46-year-old Michael Williams, was standing nearby, also was shot.
Michael Williams died at the scene and his brother was transported to Shands of Gainesville where he died Sunday.
Cole is charged with two counts of first degree murder.
- House fire in Suwannee County
- Altercation Turns Deadly In Ocala
- Police: Ocala Man Turns Himself In After Shooting
- Suwannee County Votes for No Pot Ordinance
- Two Area Restaurants Engaged in Legal Battle Over BBQ
- Ann Romney visits David's BBQ in Gainesville
- Annual BBQ Chicken Fundraiser Brings In the Dough
- Newberry's Backyard BBQ Does Dessert
- Woman Leads 3 County High Speed Chase
- Motorcycle Crash Seriously Injures Two in Suwannee County