BBQ Turned Deadly Shooting in Suwannee County
Published January 29th, 2013
Suwannee County, Fl:
A Suwannee County man has been arrested after allegedly fatally shooting two brothers.
According to the arrest report the shooting happened Saturday at Dowling park, just before 10 P.M.
Marcus Cole was having a barbecue at his home when a fight broke out between six men.
One of the men, Joshua White, was cut in the back of the neck with a knife.
The report says Cole then went into his home and got a rifle.
He allegedly shot Abram Williams, who was trying to leave, in the back of the head.
His brother, 46-year-old Michael Williams, was standing nearby, also was shot.
Michael Williams died at the scene and his brother was transported to Shands of Gainesville where he died Sunday.
Cole is charged with two counts of first degree murder.
- Deadly Shooting Raises Questions Among Archer Community
- Drive-By Shooting in Belleview Leaves 1 Man Dead and 1 Injured
- Two Shootings Target Brothers In Old Town, One Dead
- Neighborhood Reacts To Shooting In Bell, 8 Dead
- One dead in deputy-involved shooting
- State Rep. Calling for In-Depth Audit of Suwannee Valley Transit Authority
- House fire in Suwannee County
- Suwannee County Votes for No Pot Ordinance
- Altercation Turns Deadly In Ocala
- Sports Overtime: High School Football Roundup