Bradford County Woman Stabs Robber in her Home
Published January 31st, 2013
BRADFORD COUNTY- Nothing was stolen in a Bradford County Robbery Wednesday night, but the suspect ran away with a stab wound.
The victim received one as well but the outcome could have been worse.
When 19 year old Ashleigh Elam came to her home about four miles east of Starke Wednesday night she only had a few seconds to decide how to react to an unwelcome guest.
That's when her National Guard training kicked in and she grabbed a nearby pocket knife and stabbed the intruder.
Elam explains, "After I cut him with it he took it back from me and got me in the leg and ran off."
Elam is doing well and recovering from her wound.
No items have been reported stolen during the encounter but the suspect did manage to escape.
- Woman Finds Robber in Her Lake City Home
- Bradford County Woman Accused Of Stabbing Boyfriend
- Gainesville Woman #GivesBack on Her Birthday
- Trip to Grocery Store Ends in Jail Time for Bradford County Family
- Missing Alachua County Woman Found Alive Just Yards Away From Her Home
- Woman Found Dead Inside Southwest Ocala Home in what Police are Calling a Homicide
- Alachua County is Home to the Oldest Active Bomb Squad Technician in the Country
- Elderly Woman Found Murdered in Her Home
- Elderly Woman Stabbed During Home Invasion
- Gainesville Man Pulls Knife on Girlfriend and Her Alleged Lover