Couple Arrested after Home Invasion
MARION COUNTY--A couple is behind bars after a home invasion.
34-year-old Christina Lyn brick and 31-year-old Jason Michael Lain were arrested on Monday, January 7th.
Brick and Lain allegedly broke into an 80-year-old woman's home and threatened to shoot her.
The victim says she heard the suspects calling out each others names while ransacking her home.
The Marion County Sheriff's Office says they had help catching the suspects.
"One thing we learned immediately from the scene is that the victim was able to recognize the voices of the suspects and because of her years in radio she is voice sensitive and she was able to pick up the voices." -Judge Cochran, Spokesperson for the Marion County Sheriff's Office
Deputies found Brick and Lain at a local motel and discovered the victims belongings in a motel room and a pickup truck.
A witness told detectives that the pair left their seven and one-year-old children alone in the motel.
Both are facing one count of home invasion robbery, one count of tampering with a victim, and two counts of child neglect.
- Marion County Couple Accused of Child Neglect
- Marion County Sheriff's Office Granted More Money for Cars
- Marion County Sheriff's Citizens Academy Back After 12 Years
- Marion County Sheriff's Office looking into possible connected armed robberies
- Three Arrested for Child Neglect in Lake City
- Alachua County Sheriff's Deputies Create Workout for Fallen Officers
- Bradford County Sheriff's Office creates safe place for online sales
- Marion County Sheriff's Department reinstates terrorist intelligence unit
- Former Marion County Sheriff's deputy killed in crash
- Marion County Sheriff's Deputies arrest man involved in armed robberies