Day Two Of Maranda Martin Trial
GAINESVILLE - On day two of the Maranda Martin murder trial, there were witnesses called in the morning, and in the afternoon the courtroom saw hours of footage of her early interview with detectives.
Martin is accused of helping to kill elderly war veteran, Paul Quandt in Gainesville last year.
The interview was conducted on January 10th, 2012. On that day, Paul Quandt was still in the hospital. He would die 8 days later on January 18, 2012.
Often Martin cried during the video, most notably at the parts where she told detectives she would never have a chance to have a family if she went to jail.
The state says Martin changed her story 14 times during the entirety of the video, often Martin would change her story between sentences.
Martin did not act alone, however. The state says her cousin, Austin Jones, did the bulk of the deadly beating.
- Maranda Martin Sits Before a Jury on Day One of Murder Trial
- Day Two of Penalty Phase for Austin Jones
- Jury Finds Maranda Martin Guilty of 1st Degree Murder in the Death of Paul Quandt
- Zimmerman Trial: Day Two
- Zimmerman Trial: Day Seven
- Zimmerman Trial: Day Five
- Zimmerman Trial: Day Six
- Zimmerman Trial Day 11: Opening Statements
- Zimmerman Trial: Day 12, Crime-Scene Evidence
- Zimmerman Trial: First Full Day For The Defense