Day Two Of Maranda Martin Trial
GAINESVILLE - On day two of the Maranda Martin murder trial, there were witnesses called in the morning, and in the afternoon the courtroom saw hours of footage of her early interview with detectives.
Martin is accused of helping to kill elderly war veteran, Paul Quandt in Gainesville last year.
The interview was conducted on January 10th, 2012. On that day, Paul Quandt was still in the hospital. He would die 8 days later on January 18, 2012.
Often Martin cried during the video, most notably at the parts where she told detectives she would never have a chance to have a family if she went to jail.
The state says Martin changed her story 14 times during the entirety of the video, often Martin would change her story between sentences.
Martin did not act alone, however. The state says her cousin, Austin Jones, did the bulk of the deadly beating.
- Jury Finds Maranda Martin Guilty of 1st Degree Murder in the Death of Paul Quandt
- Maranda Martin Sentenced to Life in Prison for Murder of Paul Quandt Sr.
- Maranda Martin Sits Before a Jury on Day One of Murder Trial
- Crawford Trial Day Two
- Union County Correction Officers On Trial Day Two
- First Day Of Trial in Murder of UF Student Michelle Herndon
- On Third Day of O'Quinn Murder Trial: Defendant's Father Comes Near Perjury
- Verdict in Hawthorne Murder Trial Could Be Just A Day Away...
- Charlie Ely Murder Trial: Day 4
- Experts Say Trayvon Martin's Murder Might be Racial Profiling