Event at MLK Center to Raise Awareness
GAINESVILLE - He's trying to tackle some problems in the Gainesville community that he hopes he can expand to a larger scale.
Gainesville Police Officer Jacques LaFrance Jr. has only been with the department for a year and a half and already has plans to make a difference.
He's identified three problems - STD's, violence, and drug use - and wants to help end these problems with his "Road to Zero" campaign.
The program is named "Road to Zero" because he is aiming for zero impact of these problems on the community.
This event will take place tomorrow, Saturday January 18th at the Martin Luther King Center near Citizen's Field in Gainesville.
There will be informational speakers as well as give-aways, music, and food.
The event begins at 11 a.m.
- Local Martin Luther King, Jr. Day 2015 Events
- Road To Zero Influences Teens To Fight Injustice
- Students Volunteer in Memory of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- MLK Celebrations Begin
- Ocala: Martin Luther King Day March Road Closures
- Alachua County Officials Host Event To Raise Awareness About Census
- Residents March Across Gainesville
- Upcoming art show to raise awareness about sexual assault
- Ocala Celebrates Martin Luther King Jr. Day
- Martin Luther King Jr. Reflection