Event at MLK Center to Raise Awareness
GAINESVILLE - He's trying to tackle some problems in the Gainesville community that he hopes he can expand to a larger scale.
Gainesville Police Officer Jacques LaFrance Jr. has only been with the department for a year and a half and already has plans to make a difference.
He's identified three problems - STD's, violence, and drug use - and wants to help end these problems with his "Road to Zero" campaign.
The program is named "Road to Zero" because he is aiming for zero impact of these problems on the community.
This event will take place tomorrow, Saturday January 18th at the Martin Luther King Center near Citizen's Field in Gainesville.
There will be informational speakers as well as give-aways, music, and food.
The event begins at 11 a.m.
- Ocala: Martin Luther King Day March Road Closures
- Martin Luther King Celebrations
- Ocala Celebrates Martin Luther King Jr. Day
- Gainesville Celebrates Martin Luther King Jr.
- Martin Luther King Jr. Reflection
- Alachua County Officials Host Event To Raise Awareness About Census
- Special Exception Hearing For Tarmac King Road Mine
- Hundreds Gathered To Walk With NHRA Drivers, Raise Awareness For Spinal Cord Diseases
- People Gather To Raise Awareness, Money For American Cancer Society
- Stomp The Swamp, Raises Autism Awareness