Event at MLK Center to Raise Awareness
GAINESVILLE - He's trying to tackle some problems in the Gainesville community that he hopes he can expand to a larger scale.
Gainesville Police Officer Jacques LaFrance Jr. has only been with the department for a year and a half and already has plans to make a difference.
He's identified three problems - STD's, violence, and drug use - and wants to help end these problems with his "Road to Zero" campaign.
The program is named "Road to Zero" because he is aiming for zero impact of these problems on the community.
This event will take place tomorrow, Saturday January 18th at the Martin Luther King Center near Citizen's Field in Gainesville.
There will be informational speakers as well as give-aways, music, and food.
The event begins at 11 a.m.
- Local Martin Luther King, Jr. Day 2015 Events
- Road To Zero Influences Teens To Fight Injustice
- Students Volunteer in Memory of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Martin Luther King Jr. Events
- MLK Celebrations Begin
- Parts of University Avenue were closed down for hundreds to honor Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
- Ocala: Martin Luther King Day March Road Closures
- Mentoring young men on MLK Day
- Event raises awareness, support for new moms struggling with PPD
- Alachua County Officials Host Event To Raise Awareness About Census