Father Speaks Out About Son's Death
The 20 -year -old mother accused of murdering her baby boy has died.
Detectives said Melanie Reyes was taken off life support early Tuesday morning.
"I did everything that I could," said Jordan Mendoza.
What 20 -year- old Jordan Mendoza remembers most about his 6 month old son Jonah Mendoza, is his smile
Deputies said Reyes murdered her baby boy last Friday.
Jordan said he saw a facebook post that was alarming enough for him to call 911.
"When I got there I saw the caution tape and just fell to the ground. That's pretty much it. Just trying to see what happen to my son," said Jordan.
Detectives said deputies were outside when gunshots were fired.
They forced the door open and found baby Jonah and Reyes with gunshot wounds.
Jonah died and Reyes was in critical condition until Tuesday morning, when she was taken off life support.
"I will always love him and that I am always thinking about him. Him and his mother," said Jordan.
Jordan refused to answer questions about his relationship with Reyes, but he said he was working on trying to get joint custody of baby Jonah.
"It's frustrating that I have made it know to the courts, to DCF and the Sheriff's Department, but I don't hold any resentments against anybody," said Jordan.
He said there is nothing that anybody can do now, but instead he wants people to learn from this tragedy.
"If there is a problem inside of you that you're not speaking about then you need to talk to somebody," said Jordan.
In hopes that no other parent will lose a child, the way he did.
Mendozas' friends arranged a candlelight vigil that will be held on Thursday at 7 pm at the Downtown Square in Ocala.
Jordan said there are tentative funeral arrangements for next Saturday January 12, 2012, but those arrangements depend on if the family can raise enough money for a proper burial.
If you would like to donate funds for Jonah's funeral, click the PayPal link below.
- Grandmother Speaks Out About Baby's Death
- Mothers Speak Out About Sons' Deaths; Plan Memorial Ride
- Father speaks about his son's cold case
- Son speaks about mother's death in TN plane crash
- 6 Months Later, Father of Murdered Teen Speaks Out
- Ocala mother charged with manslaughter in death of her daughter
- Tampa Woman Gets 7 Years For Baby's Death
- Father Honors Son's Memory By Helping Kids Swim
- Family Speaks Out on Inmate Death in Ocala
- Parents won't sue Disney over son's death by gator