Foiled Burglary Suspect Escapes
ALACHUA COUNTY--A homeowner foils an attempted burglary.
Tuesday night a couple arrived at their home off Archer Road when the man went inside the house he heard his dog barking and his girlfriend screaming.
His girlfriend had seen a man running across their front yard.
The couple called Sheriff's Deputies and soon after a helicopter circled the area looking for the suspect, but he was not found.
Deputies say walking in during a burglary can be dangerous.
"One of these firearms he intended to take he might of used that on the homeowner himself or he might have had a firearm with him."- (Art Forgey, Spokesperson for Alachua County Sheriff's Office)
Outside the home, the victims found a comforter filled with their electronics, guns, and other valuables.
- Deputies: string of burglaries span four counties
- Alachua County Sheriff's Deputies Create Workout for Fallen Officers
- K-9 Officer Escapes from Kennel, Found Safe
- Newest 'Paws On Parole' Class Looking For New Homes
- Marion County Sheriff's Office Granted More Money for Cars
- Burglary Victim Offering a Reward for Arrest of Suspect(s)
- Suspect's comments initiate FBI investigation
- Sheriff's office hosts youth dialogue session
- Sheriff's Office investigates two suicides at the jail
- Marion County Sheriff's Office responds to grand jury's recommendations