Foiled Burglary Suspect Escapes
ALACHUA COUNTY--A homeowner foils an attempted burglary.
Tuesday night a couple arrived at their home off Archer Road when the man went inside the house he heard his dog barking and his girlfriend screaming.
His girlfriend had seen a man running across their front yard.
The couple called Sheriff's Deputies and soon after a helicopter circled the area looking for the suspect, but he was not found.
Deputies say walking in during a burglary can be dangerous.
"One of these firearms he intended to take he might of used that on the homeowner himself or he might have had a firearm with him."- (Art Forgey, Spokesperson for Alachua County Sheriff's Office)
Outside the home, the victims found a comforter filled with their electronics, guns, and other valuables.
- Deputies: string of burglaries span four counties
- Newest 'Paws On Parole' Class Looking For New Homes
- Escaped murder suspect found
- Burglary Victim Offering a Reward for Arrest of Suspect(s)
- Suspect's comments initiate FBI investigation
- Alzhemier's Bracelet Programs Keep Track of Elderly
- Commissioners want less drug possession arrests, cut sheriff's budget
- ASO launches program for registering security cameras
- Charles Smith Accused of Grand Theft
- MCSO releases images from home burglary