I-75 Pedestrian Hit
We're learning more information about the pedestrian killed along I-75 yesterday morning.
The woman was a patient at Shands Vista.
The Alachua County Sheriffs Office was dispatched to Shands Vista on a missing persons and theft call.
A nurse claimed 28 year old Ashley Lawson, a volunteer rehab patient there, had taken the nurse's keys and badge and left the building.
Soon after- a deputy heard about an accident on I-75.
A semi truck driver heading south hit lawson when she stepped onto the roadway from the emergency lane.
She died at the scene.
Shands is conducting a detailed investigation into the incident to determine the cause and establish policies and procedures to prevent similar incidents in the future.
- Semi-Truck Strikes, Kills Pedestrian On I-75
- Pedestrian Who Was Hit By Vehicle Dies
- Pedestrian Killed In Hit And Run Crash
- Pedestrian Hit, Killed in Marion County
- Pedestrian Hit In The Road
- Putnam County Deputy Hits, Kills Pedestrian Crossing U.S. 17
- Pedestrian killed after being hit by a car
- Car hits pedestrian on 17th Street in Ocala
- Woman Hit by Truck on I-75 in North Fla.
- Pedestrian Struck and Killed on Florida's Turnpike