Leadership Changes on the Way for Housing Authority
Published January 30th, 2013
ALACHUA COUNTY-The US department of Housing and Urban Development is accusing the Alachua County Housing authority of faulty record keeping resulting in alot of unaccounted for money.
The role of executive director with the Alachua County Housing Authority has been under a microscope ever since HUD announced they would be conducting an investigation into faulty record keeping practices.
Housing Authority Member, Kali Blount, “Looking in our books they see alot of due tos and due froms. What that means is that funds were lacking in one program and they were moved from another program to cover for that and put back later. HUD does not want that to happen.”
Alleged mismanagement is not new to the organization.
Gail Monahan retired from the alachua county housing authority a year earlier than punished according to coworkers, in order to prevent the agency and community from being punished by HUD representatives that wanted her out.
Her replacement, Bernard Wells left after just two days.
Cathy Scott is currently serving as interim.
Some Current board members are awaiting the results of forensic audits before they critique the authorities work.
- Security Changes on the way for Alachua County Schools
- Gainesville Housing Authority Chooses New Executive Director
- Ousted Housing Authority Director Responds to Allegations
- County Commissioners Paving the Way for Surtax Intended to Fund Road Improvements
- Alachua County is Home to the Oldest Active Bomb Squad Technician in the Country
- Wanted Tennessee Fugitive Arrested Across the Street from Alachua County Sheriff's Office
- Alachua County Commissioners Reach Out to Third Manager Candidate
- Inmate Escapes From Alachua County Work Release Center
- Alachua County Volunteers Track Down the Homeless
- String of Burglaries in One Alachua County Neighborhood May be Connected