Man Causes 15 Wrecks in Atlanta
ATLANTA (AP) - Police have not released a motive behind the actions of a man accused of making his way through two Atlanta-area counties as if he were playing bumper cars, causing 15 wrecks and leaving a dead woman in his wake.
Michael Snider of Stone Mountain was arrested Wednesday after police said he crashed his pickup into Johnboys Home Cooking Restaurant in Snellville.
One victim said the driver used his vehicle like a weapon over the 15-mile route starting at the eastern edge of Atlanta.
The fatal crash happened just before the restaurant was rammed. It involved a chain-reaction collision, and 69-year-old Mintiwab Woldeyhans of Loganville died.
Snider was released from a hospital and taken to Gwinnett County Jail. Officials said Snider had a lawyer but didn't know the attorney's identity.
- Melrose Man Caused Three-vehicle Collision.
- Deputies Taze Man After Causing Multiple Car Crash, Threatening Other Drivers
- Atlanta Man Faces Life In Prison
- Fatal Train Wreck
- Community Leader Killed In Car Wreck
- Lafayette Football Player Okay After Wreck
- Santa Fe Student Dies In Wreck On 301
- Clearing the Wreck on I-75
- Deputy Wreck Brings Discipline
- Atlanta Floods May Bring Temporary Peace to Water Wars