Man Clings to Ex-Girlfriend's Car for 10 Miles
OCALA - A man was pronounced dead after riding on top of his ex-girlfriend's car for 10 miles and then being shot at through the windshield.
The Marion County Sheriff's Office is investiating the death of Lamarck Tucker Sr., after he was shot by Nikki McNeil, the mother of his three children.
According to a sheriff's spokesman, McNeil was trying to leave their residence off of Northwest 10th Avenue in Ocala when Tucker took away her keys and her cell phone.
They say the woman then found spare keys to her car and started to leave when Tucker jumped on to her car, held on and threatened her as she drove ten miles down the road.
Investigators say McNeil stopped the car and shot at Tucker through the windshield.
He was transported to the hospital, but was pronounced dead.
Several people witnessed the wild ride and called police, but authorities are still asking for more information.
"We're asking folks, if you happened to have seen this guy within the ten mile drive on top of the car, can you please call the Marion County Sheriff's Office and give us your bit of information," Marion County Sheriff's Officer Judge Cochran said.
No arrests have been made yet in the case and McNeil is claiming self defense.
- Police: Drunk Driver Assaults, Rams Ex-Girlfriend's Car
- 18-year-old Dies After Shooting at Ex-Girlfriend and Officers
- Home Invader Shot to Death After Forcing Way into Ex-Girlfriend's Home
- Man Steals Girlfriend's Car
- Man Sentenced For Killing Ex-Girlfriend
- Belleview Man Kills His Girlfriend, Shoots His Daughter
- Jury Indicts Gainesville Man For Murder Of His Girlfriend
- Ocala Man Denies Killing His Girlfriend
- Police: Man Kills Girlfriend's Cat, Threatens To Kill Woman
- Miracle Baby Clings to Life in Ocala