Marion County Democrats Hold Their Own Inaugural Ball
Published January 22nd, 2013
OCALA - As Democrats in Washington celebrated the President's second inauguration Monday night, so too were many Democrats in Marion County.
Officials with the Marion County Democratic Party threw their first ever Inaugural Ball on Monday. The event was held at the Ocala Hilton, and featured a dinner and live music. Large projection screens also were set up to provide attendees with a live view of the inaugural balls taking place in the nation's capital.
Organizers of the event say it was designed to give residents of the county a taste of the inaugural festivities, without having to travel to Washington, D.C. A total of 160 people attended the county's inaugural ball.
- Alachua County Democratic Party Wants Alachua County Democratic Black Caucus Charter Revoked
- Alachua County Democratic Black Caucus Not To Be Revoked
- District Four Candidate Makes Alachua County All Democratic Commission
- The Fight for Alachua County Sheriff is on at The 2008 Democratic Black Caucus
- Levy County Issues Own Flood Warning
- Democrats VS Democrats
- Bald eagles found dying at Marion County Landfill
- Marion County Jail Purchase Negotiations Delayed
- Alachua County's 'Foster Grandparents' On Hold Due to Government Shutdown
- Alachua County Schools Hold Annual Meet and Greet for Parents and Students