Marion County School District Penalized for Class Size Violation
MARION COUNTY - A report shows that from Pre-K through third grade there are 139 classes over cap, 47 classes grade four through eight, and 13 in the high school levels.
The school district will be penalized by having its budget cut by one and a half million dollars.
They have the option of appealing it and getting as much as 75 percent of the funding back, which they plan on doing.
- Class size back on the table
- Class Sizes
- Alachua Joins Class-Size Lawsuit
- Teachers Adjust To New Class Size Restrictions
- Honoring Class Size in Florida
- Class Size Proposal Clears House
- Two High School Students Bring Loaded Shotgun to Class
- Two teenagers in critical condition after a car accident in Marion County
- Congressman Meets Constituents of New Marion County District
- Marion County Pet Adoptions, Wednesday August 7, 2013