Ocala Woman Gives Birth in Car
OCALA, Fla. (AP) - A central Florida couple is celebrating after their baby girl was unexpectedly born in the front seat of their car while on the way to hospital.
Laura Jimenez had already been to the hospital the night before but was sent home because her labor was not progressing.
On Thursday morning, the baby's father Leobardo Villasana started driving Jimenez to the hospital after her water broke.
But as they battled their way through sluggish rush hour traffic, Jimenez said she had to push.
The mother said she was surprised at the easy birth of the eight-pound baby. This is her third child.
Villasana continued driving to the hospital, never stopping the car for the birth.
- Florida dad arrested after baby dies in hot car
- Baby Left in Car While Mother was in a Bar
- Giving Hope to Woman and Children Living in Domestic Violence Shelter
- Woman Claims Baby is Stolen While Partner Steals from Walmart
- Woman Charged With Child Abuse, After Suffocating 2-Month-Old Baby
- Gainesville Woman #GivesBack on Her Birthday
- Abandoned Baby found in Ocala
- Baby Rescued From Kitchen Fire In Ocala
- Miracle Baby Clings to Life in Ocala
- Baby Found in Box in Ocala