Statue Vandalized at St. Francis House
GAINESVILLE- He came seeking shelter but after he was denied, 23 year old Thomas Wilder took a turn for the worse.
People I spoke to at the St. Francis house say the situation could’ve been avoided had Wilder paid closer attention to the rules and less attention to the house’s statue.
Gainesville Resident, Hiram Jackson decribes part of the disturbance, “He dropped back and ran full speed at the door one time like he really wanted to get in."
The door held its own against the efforts of Thomas Wilder but the namesake statue of the homeless shelter in Gainesville wasn’t so lucky.
After it was clear he was acting under the influence there was nothing the shelter could do for Wilder.
- Arbor House reopens under direction of St. Francis House
- St. Francis House Breaking the Law for Humanity
- Downtown March Calls For More Meals at St. Francis House
- St. Francis House Unable To Feed More than 130 People
- St. Francis House Ready For Thanksgiving Meal Thanks to Community
- St. Francis House Expands Clearance Requirement
- City Offers St. Francis House Location for Thanksgiving Meals
- St. Francis House Receives Donation from Citgo
- St. Francis House turns people away
- Wage Theft Bill Moves Past House Judiciary Panel