Shooting at Arapahoe HS in Littleton just south of Denver; at least 2 shot.
"Sweet" Fundraiser Benefits Dance Marathon & Shands Hospital for Children
Published January 22nd, 2013
GAINESVILLE - It may be a little chilly outside this week, but that didn't stop a bunch of college students from enjoying a few scoops of ice cream on Monday night... all for a good cause.
The students behind the University of Florida's annual Dance Marathon event teamed up with the owner of Sweet Dreams Ice Cream shop in Gainesville for a one of a kind fundraiser benefiting the Shands Hospital for Children at UF.
Throughout the night, kids from the Children's Miracle Network were able to paint their own "ice cream" inspired pictures. Their artwork will be displayed inside the ice cream shop for the next month, and then sold to the highest bidder during a silent auction.
Bids will be accepted through March 20, with the annual Dance Marathon event scheduled to be held in April. All proceeds from the sale of the art will benefit the Dance Marathon event.
- "Sweet" Business
- A "Sweet" Incentive for Safety
- Shands Children's Hospital Among Best in Nation
- Shands Hospital for Children in Gainesville Sneak Peak
- "5 Points of Life" Marathon & Relay
- Dance Marathon at UF
- More than One Million Dollars Raised for Kids at UF's Dance Marathon
- Pence Family Dances in Hopes of Winning $30,000 for Shands
- Boston Marathon Update & Gainesville's Reaction
- SHANDS HOSPITAL TURNS 50