Its a contest with a prize thats nothing to sneeze at.
A ten year old from alachua could soon find her artwork appearing in an unusual medium.
Samantha garcia spent most of december in the hospital with a life threatening infection.
It started in her ear and eventually led to her face becoming partially paralyzed.
While in the hospital she drew a colorful picture that caught the attention of her caregivers.
They entered it in a design contest for whitecloud tissues.
Her mother says samantha always wanted to be famous and that maybe this is her chance.
Samantha's mother, Christine Del Valle said "the one thing that keeps going through my mind and the one thing that she always expressed to my dad, her grandfather, is that she has a huge yearning to be famous so we're thinking maybe that's granddaddy from heaven giving her fifteen minutes of fame."
Anybody can vote on the whitecloud webpage.
Samantha's drawing is currently in fourth place and if selected, would appear on boxes of whitecloud tissues.
In addition-- shands hospital would receive 15-thousand dollars through the children's miracle network.
By the way... samantha has fully recovered from the infection.
- Alachua Girl in National Tissue Box Artwork Contest
- Become an Organ and Tissue Donor
- Tissue Competition
- Baby Found in Box in Ocala
- Thinking Inside the Box: Innovative Construction in Gainesville
- Tackle Box Closing
- X-Box Boys back in School, Parents Outraged
- Charges Dropped Against X-Box Boys
- "The Avengers" Smash Box Office Records
- FCC Changes Cable Box Rules