He says he was looking for a new cell phone, but it was the way he was looking that led to his arrest. Gainesville Police say 20-year-old Laurence Kidd tried to break into several cars parked on Southwest 2nd Place. 18-year-old Thibualt Devernejoul acted as Kidd's "lookout" man. It wasn't too long before a man saw Kidd pulling on the door handle of his car. Police say the theives didn't have any luck because all 20 cars were locked.
"Generally, in like an apartment parking lot or something like that, they're going to go from car to car until they find one that's unlocked. That's why it's always, always important to make sure you lock your car even if you're leaving it for just a couple minutes because guys like these are going be out there, trying to steal your belongings," Ben Tobias (Gainesville Police Department Officer) said.
Police say both men admitted to the crime and are out on bail.
- Car Burglar Suspects Arrested
- Home and Car Burglar Arrested on Numerous Charges
- Three Arrested for Trying to Burglarize Home Under Construction
- Columbia County Deputies Arrest Naked Burglar
- Burglar Caught In The Act
- Burglars Breaking Into Food Pantries...Twice!
- Second Burglar Caught
- Would-be Burglar Killed By Police
- Center Of The Horse Capital Was Burglarized
- Keeping Burglars Out