Butler Plaza Expansion, I-75 Overpass
GAINESVILLE - Its a bridge to somewhere but "where" is the problem. The city plan board is meeting tonight to discuss plans for a bridge over I-75 that would link the proposed Celebration Pointe Project with the next phase of butler plaza.
The two developers disagree on where it should touch down east of the freeway. Its landing point has become a quarrelsome issue. Bob Gibbs, who's involved with the project says, "We're just proposing moving them from Archer Road, making that into the walkable Town Center and then relocating to the north side of the property."
Developers tonight said the proposal would make butler plaza into a town center, much like the easton town center in columbus, ohio.
- City Commission Approves Changes to Butler Plaza Expansion Project
- Quite the Haul To Fix I-75 Overpass
- Rooftop Fire at Butler Plaza Forces Shoppers to Evacuate
- Negotations Will Continue Over Butler Plaza's Expansion
- North Florida Regional Medical Center Announces $58 Million Dollar Expansion Project
- Rainy Weekend Hampers Occupy Gainesville
- Gainesville City Commissioners To Vote On Butler Plaza Annexation
- Gainesville Developer Clark Butler Dies
- Ribbon Cut on $1 Million Dollar Renovation Project in East Gainesville
- Fisher House Project in Gainesville