Caretaker Arrested for Abuse
Published February 28th, 2013
She was a caretaker, who is now charged with abuse.
Alachua County Sheriffs deputies arrested 57-year-old Wanda Baker of Gainesville for abusing the woman she was paid to care for.
The victim has been in the care of Baker for ten years, and has early stage Alzheimer's disease.
Deputies say the found the victim bleeding and malnourished, after she managed to get away from the home and call a sister for help.
They say Baker forced the woman to live in a single room without a bathroom, and fed her so little she was nothing but skin and bones.
- "Caretaker" Exploits Elderly Man
- A Stroll Through One Belleview Neighborhood Ends in Animal Abuse Arrest
- Lake City Man Arrested for Child Abuse
- Suspect Arrested in Putnam County Animal Abuse Case
- Gainesville Man Accused Of Child Abuse, Arrested
- Umatilla Man Arrested for Abuse
- Drug Abuse in Palatka, 33 Arrest Warrants Issued
- Man Arrested In Abuse Case
- Wife Arrested for Elderly Abuse
- Case of Medicaid Abuse and Fraud Unfolds With Fifth Arrest