Champions for Charity Kickball Tournament
GAINESVILLE - Some North Central Florida businesses took the office outside today.
The seventh annual Champions for Charity kickball Tournament had local businesses, nonprofits and other groups competing to win money for their favorite charity.
The Alachua County Emerging Leaders hosted the event at the Diamond Sports park in Gainesville.
This year, 22 teams entered hoping to win money for their charities. One participant said that"its a fun day to just not only try to win money for the charities but also like to interact with them and get to know them better."
More than 11,000 dollars were awarded to charities today and the event has raised more than 45,000 dollars for local charities since it began in 2007.
- Chess National Champions
- PK Yonge Among Newly Crowned District Volleyball Champions
- Trenton Tigers Return Home State Champions
- Louthan Brothers Organize Charity Tennis Tournament
- New Laws Too Late For North Central Florida Charity
- Charities Hurting During the Holiday Season
- Fans Pack Swamp for Gator Charity Challenge
- House Raffled off for Charity
- Gainesville Charity Facing Freeze on Funding from City of Gainesville
- Local Sports Radio Station Hosts Charity Auction