Cinema Verde Begins
GAINESVILLE - In an effort to support sustainability, a local group in Alachua County is encouraging people to go green.
"Cinema Verde Environmental Film and Arts Festival" opened at Jolie in downtown Gainesville today.
Trish Riley, the director and founder of Cinema Verde says her goal is to find ways to help people learn about environmental issues and how to solve them - "I really invite people to come out, bring your children, take advantage of this opportunity to learn more than you know already...so that we can protect the planet for our own kids."
Every night a movie will be shown in regards to an environmental topic.
The festival will last until Valentine's Day.
For more information about the upcoming events, visit their website here.
- A New Beginning for One Jacksonville Family
- Schools Across North Central Florida Begin FCAT Testing
- Zimmerman Trial: Jurors Begin Deliberating
- High School Graduation Season Set to Begin
- Trial Begins for Horse Abuse Case
- Buy S.M.A.R.T. Begins Thursday
- New Beginnings, Familiar Surroundings This School Year
- Click It or Ticket Campaign Begins Friday
- FCAT Testing Set to Begin
- The Rain Is Gone, Races Begin Friday At Gatornationals