Cinema Verde Begins
GAINESVILLE - In an effort to support sustainability, a local group in Alachua County is encouraging people to go green.
"Cinema Verde Environmental Film and Arts Festival" opened at Jolie in downtown Gainesville today.
Trish Riley, the director and founder of Cinema Verde says her goal is to find ways to help people learn about environmental issues and how to solve them - "I really invite people to come out, bring your children, take advantage of this opportunity to learn more than you know already...so that we can protect the planet for our own kids."
Every night a movie will be shown in regards to an environmental topic.
The festival will last until Valentine's Day.
For more information about the upcoming events, visit their website here.
- Hippodrome Theatre Cinema Plans to Ditch Film and Go Digital
- New Businesses Bringing Verde Plaza Back to Life
- A New Beginning for One Jacksonville Family
- Zimmerman Trial: Jurors Begin Deliberating
- State Sales Tax Holiday Begins Friday
- Schools Across North Central Florida Begin FCAT Testing
- Newberry Begins Search for New Manager of Troubled Baseball Complex
- Summer Heatwave Program Begins
- Crawford Trial Begins
- Main Street Construction Begins Tuesday