Congressman Meets Constituents of New Marion County District
Published February 12th, 2013
OCALA - As Congress prepares to convene for the President's State of the Union speech, one member took time to meet the constituents of his new district.
Representative Richard Nugent met with residents of District 11 on Monday evening, which covers most of Marion County. The congressman was in the area to open up his new office location in Ocala, which previously served as Cliff Stearns' office.
As Congress begins to get to work on a number of key issues facing the country, Nugent says he is most worried about the looming sequester cuts, which the congressman says could potentially hurt a number of small defense contractors in his district.
Several Marion County commissioners were spotted at the meet-and-greet, as well as Ocala's mayor. Nugent previously represented District 5, but now serves District 11 following last year's redistricting.
- Newly-Elected Congressman Ted Yoho 'Meets the Press'
- Battle for Marion County Commission District 5
- Marion County School District Ranks Third in State for Lowest Administrative Cost
- Marion County School District Consolidates Custodial Services
- Marion County School District Penalized for Class Size Violation
- Meet The New Alachua County Commissioner...
- New Copper Ordinance Scrapped until next County Meeting
- One Marion County School May Get A New Look
- New Jobs in Marion County
- Marion County Opens the Doors to its New Courthouse