First Responders Deal With Drunk Man on the Way to Emergency Call
First responders were on their way to an emergency call on Sunday, but never reached their destination.
A drunk man, Preston Calkins, ran in front of the fire truck on South Main Street, in Gainesville.
The driver of the fire truck managed to avoid hitting the man.
Calkins began hitting the hood and jumped on the truck, while screaming and cursing at the paramedics.
An off-duty paramedic witnessed the commotion and stopped to help.
Calkins reached through that man's car window and punched him repeatedly in the back of the head.
Calkins was restrained and arrested on charges of battery and burglary.
- Gainesville Mayor Responds to Alachua County Decision
- North Florida Man in Jail After Riding His Horse While Drunk
- Woman Thanks Emergency Responders Who Saved Her From Cereal
- Gainesville Man Stabbed In The Back
- Man Threatened In Southwest Gainesville
- Gainesville Man Behind Bars After Stabbing a Woman
- Gainesville Man Behind Bars for Stabbing Woman
- Gainesville Man Charged With Smuggling Dinosaur Fossils Released on Bail
- Gainesville Man Arrested For Molesting Teenage Girl on Black Friday
- Gainesville Man Charged With Sexual Battery of 14 Year Old Girl