Former Levy County Deputy Sentenced
In Levy County, a man who had taken an oath to uphold the law will be spending the next thirty years of his life behind bars.
Former Levy County Sheriff's Lieutenant Zachary Knight was arrested in 2011 on multiple charges in connection with the sexual assault of a woman he was dating.
Both sides had agreed to a plea deal of ten years for Knight, but yesterday 8th Judicial Circuit Court Judge Stan Griffis refused to accept it.
Instead he sentenced Knight to 30 years followed by 15 years of sex offender probation.
Knight had worked for the Sheriff's office for 16 years and was also a mixed martial arts cage fighter.
- Levy County Deputies Make Second Meth Bust in Two Days
- Levy County Sheriff's Deputies Replace Inglis Police, Saves Town Money
- Levy County Deputy's Home Burns to the Ground
- Two Former Levy County Commissioners Guilty of Bribery Charges
- Former Gainesville fossil dealer sentenced
- Former GPD Officer Sentenced in Prostitution Case
- Former Gainesville Police Officer Sentenced
- Former Gainesville Police Officer Receives Two Year Prison Sentence
- Former UF Student Sentenced to Seven Years in Prison for Deadly Hit-and-Run
- Levy Man kills Wife, Arrested After Standoff With Deputies