Former Levy County Deputy Sentenced
In Levy County, a man who had taken an oath to uphold the law will be spending the next thirty years of his life behind bars.
Former Levy County Sheriff's Lieutenant Zachary Knight was arrested in 2011 on multiple charges in connection with the sexual assault of a woman he was dating.
Both sides had agreed to a plea deal of ten years for Knight, but yesterday 8th Judicial Circuit Court Judge Stan Griffis refused to accept it.
Instead he sentenced Knight to 30 years followed by 15 years of sex offender probation.
Knight had worked for the Sheriff's office for 16 years and was also a mixed martial arts cage fighter.
- Four former MCSO deputies receive prison sentences
- Former Marion County deputy killed in traffic crash
- Levy County Deputies Make Second Meth Bust in Two Days
- Former Marion County Sheriff's deputy killed in crash
- Former MCSO deputy found not guilty of excessive force
- Deputies searching for shooter; former marine shot in ATM parking lot
- Former MCSO deputy on trial
- Former MCSO deputy arrested again
- Former Gainesville fossil dealer sentenced
- Former UF Student Sentenced to Seven Years in Prison for Deadly Hit-and-Run