Gainesville Fire Rescue Responds to Two Fires at Same Location
GAINESVILLE- The flurry of activity from city fire personnel has neighbors in one Gainesville community on edge.
Both neighbors and fire officials don’t know what caused the fire but they have a feeling they know who may be behind it all.
Apartment Resident, Gina Davis says, “It’s just suspicious period so...”
Firefighters are no strangers to responding to residential fires but when two separate fires break out in the same location within hours of each other, they agree that something is off.
But when fire personnel arrived the fire was completely gone but before they could leave their work wasn’t done, there was another fire upstairs.
Fire Investigators and Neighbors are all unsure by what may have caused the second fire and what the tenant may have to do with it.
Davis says, “For him to be there with no lights, I don’t know what the reasoning but there could be a possibility that he might be going through an eviction or a moving out.”
Both fires occurred in New Horizons II, a complex licensed by Meridian Behavioral Healthcare.
The building did suffer some damage as a result of the second fire, but the laundry room is still in working condition.
- Gainesville Fire Rescue Investigating Second Recent Fire in Apartment
- One Dies, One Rescued in Gainesville Apartment Fire
- Shooting at Gainesville Apartment Complex Lands One Man Behind Bars
- Fire Destroys Holiday Plans for one Gainesville Family
- Fire at Wood Resource Recovery Site Limits Visibility in Northwest Gainesville
- Supreme Court Weighs in on Same Sex Marriage
- Gainesville Police Chief Responds To Critics
- NAACP Calls for the Resignation of Lake City Police Chief and City Manager
- Investigation Shows Fuel Spill at Marion County Fire Rescue Station Larger than First Reported
- Apartment Fire Destroys Two Families Homes