Gas Prices Jump Again
GAINESVILLE - Gas prices are skyrocketing they are up at least 20 cents and up more than 40 cents from a month ago.
AAA officials say the average price of gas is about 4 bucks specifically $3.95 in Gainesville.
AAA officials say the reason is because of the refineries are conducting maintenance this time of year so there's less gas to produce.
Also because refineries are switching over to a summer blend which is more expensive to produce.
The reason Florida gas prices are up is because gas is shipped by boat in the sunshine state and its expensive to ship gas here.
UF Expert Michael Gutter said now is the time to look at your finances since you're paying more at the pump.
"Using things like our money management calendar to see how gas will affect your overall budget for the month for example when you fill up your gas tank during the month you can look and see what other bills are due around that time," UF Expert Michael Gutter said.
AAA officials say gas will peak by April.
- Gas Prices Jump 18 Cents
- Another Cold Night in California, Gas Prices Rise Again, and Future of Sandy Hook School Discussed
- Injured Florida Skydiver Says He'll Jump Again
- Gas Prices Lower
- Gas Prices on the Rise
- GRU Prices Going Up Again
- Gas Prices Continue To Rise
- Gas Prices Gone Wild
- Gas Prices Going Up Thanks to County Tax
- Gas Prices Put a Strain on the Holidays