He said police would not take him alive.
But Gainesville police did.
They arrested 39-year-old Xavier Gunn this afternoon-- They say he's the gunman responsible for the staged robbery at an internet cafe last weekend.
A warrant was issued for his arrest and police found him at a family member's home.
Because Gunn had previously stated he wouldn't be taken alive, several law enforcement agencies surrounded the house.
After Gunn saw all the units, he turned himself in.
But he still denies the crime.
Xavier Gunn, Inmate: "Why'd you do it? I didn't do it. Did you think you weren't going to to get caught? I didn't do it."
Gunn was charged with armed burglary and is behind bars in the Alachua County Jail.
- One arrested in Gainesville stabbing
- Report: Bieber had Pot, Xanax in System at Arrest
- Gainesville Fossil Trader is Arrested and Charged
- Man Arrested For Sexual Battery of a Mentally Disabled Teen
- Florida dad arrested after baby dies in hot car
- Sheriff suspends detectives for botched arrests
- Chris Rainey Dropped from Steelers After Arrest
- Before Arrest, Hernandez No Stranger to Violence
- Fla. Woman Arrested in Death of Fiance in Tennessee
- Lakeland Police officer arrested on 3 charges